Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weston is Here!




































































Weston arrived 3 weeks early on June 22, 2009. I went into the hospital on Sunday really sick and unable to keep anything down. I had contractions all week, but nothing regular. At my last doctor appointment, he told me that he didn't think I would make it another week. Thank goodness! It has been a hard pregnancy!

When I checked into Labor and Delivery, the nurse spoke with my doctor (who was gone for the week) and decided to give me IV fluids and to just monitor me. At the end of the IV treatment, my contractions were regular but far apart and not strong. The nurse wanted me to walk around. Ick! I did so for 20 minutes and went back to my room. I was placed back on the monitor and sure enough....we were going to have a baby!
Since it was Father's Day and Sunday, there was no doctor or anesthesiologist at the hospital and all had to be called in. It took the anesthesia doctor 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. It was worse than any of my labors combined. Because of a clotting disorder, she had to run test that took 45 min. Then, she had to do my epidural twice because something messed up. Not to mention, I am allergic to the numbing medicine, so I couldn't have the good stuff. It hurt like heck! I really believe that if it had gone smoother, we would have had a Father's Day Baby. Aaron Weston Jones was born shortly after midnight!

My family had booked their ticked for July 8th, 2009, so Weston was two weeks old before they ever got to see him. Yes, I handeled being hospitalized for an infection, 7 kids, and Weston's jaundice all on my own. Well, not really...you see, I have a wonderful husband, a loving Father in Heaven, and the best kids, who helped me out! It was, however, still really hard, and I was so glad to see my mom!
Weston had a hard time during delivery and was really bruised! This bruising made his jaundice worse and we had a week and a half dealing with that. I am sure that the jaundice and feeding problems led to him losing weight and not being able to gain for 2 weeks. This is a huge concern for newborns, because if they don't gain that weight back soon, it can affect development in a big way! The doctors placed Weston on a milkshade diet and he gained 1 pounds and 4 ounces in one week. Little pig! Did I mention that he hates nursing? I am extremely sad! I am going to work a while longer on it, but have almost resigned myself that my last, will be bottle feed. Oh well, the most important thing is he is here and healthy!!!

While my family has been in Arkansas, Weston has learned to decorate, pick out fabric, recover stools, antique shop and cook. Not quite sure this is the schooling that his dad has in mind for his only boy! Needless to say, we have kept the roads hot to Fayetteville, Springdale, Gravette, Rogers, and Eureka Springs! Oh, lets not forget Sonic!!! The midnight runs were the best! He is such a great traveler! We even were able to bless him at church, while my parents were here. Weston also got to attend his sister Camryn's baptism, and a trip to the pool!. A huge social calendar for one less than 3 weeks old, you think?

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Loved the pictures, especially the last one. =)