Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Is This Normal?

I just have to laugh! Little Weston is growing up so very fast. It is really bitter sweet for me. Sweet, because I love watching all of the new things he does and the personality that is developing. Bitter, because I know that these new firsts, along with his "fluffy" baby hands and feet, will be that last that I get to experience and hold for a very long time. Not to mention the fact that this sweet little butterball turkey is a BOY and a whole new experience for me.


Speaking of first, Weston is such a nosy baby! He has been sitting in a walker since he was 3 months old! Just perched there....like he was a big boy or something. He also started holding his bottle this month. He has actually been doing it for some time, but only after the bottle was half gone. Don't even get me started on teething! Anything that he can get in his mouth is free game. I sa-wan-neey, if he could get a hold of a fur ball he would have it in his mouth! I can't tell you how many times he has gagged with the little blanket "hairs" that get caught on his tongue. Talk about faces!

I am also a firm believer that if it didn't kill our parents or ourselves, then it won't kill my baby! I never ever wait till the baby is X amount of age to feed him something etc. I am not stuffing chocolate down his throat, but he has been eating cereal since he was 3 months old and Lurrrvvves it! Sleeps the entire night since he was 6 weeks and started waking up again. The cereal fixed his red wagon. I am talking 10 hours. Jealous anyone? I have also given him mashed potatoes and yams for Thanksgiving. Let me tell you...the little man's heart is a lot like his daddy's. It is thru his stomach. Okay, having said that, I do respect your choice to starve your baby till he is a year old with only breast milk and a very irritiable disposition from watching his parents stuff their faces. Only teasing ladies!!!! What ever works for you and yours!!! Seriously :0P! Lighten up...just kidding. No nasty emails to Dr. Phil or Oprah.
So, having said this, Weston turned 5 months old November 22 of this year. Last night we went to our local "Beefs" for a very late dinner after some much needed shopping. Weston was going nuts over my drink. I thought....what the heck, so I stuck the straw in his mouth to see what would happen. That little "man" started sucking away. For real! It wasn't an accident either. I tested it repeatedly. So, my question is: is this normal for such a young age and what ages did your babies learn to suck from a straw? I remember most of mine were a year or so, but heck, not before they could sit up steady! I just have to laugh!

Okay, and before some of you start to think that I am saying he is a genius.....I am not. Come on PEOPLE, this is not my first rodeo. I have had kids walk at 8 months and 14 months. I have had kids talk at 4 months (seriously...dada) and 13 months and some only 50 words at two. Want to guess which talker was my slow start? She is now my Chatty Kathy!!!!! I have had kids read at 3 and some barely at 5/6. My point is....kids are all different. Some progress fast and slow down, while others are slow to the start, but finish with a bang. Aren't they fun to watch? Oh, and one more pieces of advice, since I feel the need. This one, I am dead on and sooo not kidding. NEVER...say NEVER., or mine will NOT! You will make liers and fools out of yourself if your kids don't beat you to the punch! Just give yourself a kid or two.

2 comments:

David and Cori said...

I just have one question....what was in the drink he was sipping? lol

Peanut said...

water with lemon!